Phones 4U to return to price promotion
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 2004 12:00AM
WCRS's £15 million Phones 4U campaign is facing the axe as the retailer looks to return to a price-based ad strategy.
The ads, "scary Mary", "quiz night" and "Sammy silage", were an attempt by Phones 4U to take on the market leader, Carphone Warehouse.
However, with the departure of the Phones 4U marketing director, Paul Hamburger, and half of the senior marketing team earlier this autumn, the campaign is in jeopardy.
It is now expected to ditch its branding investment to return to the price-led advertising it ran before hiring WCRS. John Caudwell, the company owner, is leading the move.
Phones 4U also announced this week that Jim Slater, the former Sunderland FC sales and marketing director, had been appointed as its marketing and customer relationships management director.
Phones 4U and WCRS were unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London