NEWS: Simons Palmer lands pan-Euro Fuji account
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 September 1996 12:00AM
Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson has carried off Fuji’s pounds 6 million consumer account following a pan-European pitch.
Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson has carried off Fuji’s pounds 6 million
consumer account following a pan-European pitch.
A standalone poster campaign for QuickSnap disposable cameras will
appear in the run-up to Christmas, although Simons Palmer’s main
branding campaign for Fuji’s film and cameras will not be launched until
spring next year.
Simons Palmer beat Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury in the UK leg of the
pitch (Campaign, 23 August) to win the right to go to Fuji’s European
headquarters in Dusseldorf, where it pitched again last week. This time,
the agency was up against French and German competitors, as well as the
Japanese agency, Dentsu, and Campus, the second-string network of Euro
Paul Simons, the Simons Palmer chairman, confirmed: ‘Fuji will be
looking at pan-European television, based on our strategic
Media buying remains with CIA Medianetwork.
Separately, Simons Palmer’s sister agency, Maher Bird Associates, has
scooped the UK launch campaign for Fuji’s Advanced Photo System - a new
type of camera - which will break at the end of this year.
Saatchi and Saatchi swapped the Fuji account for Kodak’s global
professional and printing business in March (Campaign, 8 March).
Fuji’s hunt for a new agency was delayed by changes to its senior UK
management and the subsequent shift of marketing responsibilities to its
Simons continued: ‘We have thoroughly enjoyed the process so far, and
our task in the UK is to help establish Fuji’s rightful position in the
sector. Our solution has the promise to shake up the established
Kodak has about 34 per cent of the mass film market in the UK, while
Fuji accounts for 15 per cent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014