NEWS: Simons Palmer lands pan-Euro Fuji account
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 September 1996 12:00AM
Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson has carried off Fuji’s pounds 6 million consumer account following a pan-European pitch.
Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson has carried off Fuji’s pounds 6 million
consumer account following a pan-European pitch.
A standalone poster campaign for QuickSnap disposable cameras will
appear in the run-up to Christmas, although Simons Palmer’s main
branding campaign for Fuji’s film and cameras will not be launched until
spring next year.
Simons Palmer beat Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury in the UK leg of the
pitch (Campaign, 23 August) to win the right to go to Fuji’s European
headquarters in Dusseldorf, where it pitched again last week. This time,
the agency was up against French and German competitors, as well as the
Japanese agency, Dentsu, and Campus, the second-string network of Euro
Paul Simons, the Simons Palmer chairman, confirmed: ‘Fuji will be
looking at pan-European television, based on our strategic
Media buying remains with CIA Medianetwork.
Separately, Simons Palmer’s sister agency, Maher Bird Associates, has
scooped the UK launch campaign for Fuji’s Advanced Photo System - a new
type of camera - which will break at the end of this year.
Saatchi and Saatchi swapped the Fuji account for Kodak’s global
professional and printing business in March (Campaign, 8 March).
Fuji’s hunt for a new agency was delayed by changes to its senior UK
management and the subsequent shift of marketing responsibilities to its
Simons continued: ‘We have thoroughly enjoyed the process so far, and
our task in the UK is to help establish Fuji’s rightful position in the
sector. Our solution has the promise to shake up the established
Kodak has about 34 per cent of the mass film market in the UK, while
Fuji accounts for 15 per cent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition