Capital Radio adds £1.5m to Xfm spend
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 2004 12:00AM
Capital Radio is to put an extra £1.5 million behind marketing its young brands Xfm and Choice FM as it looks to achieve a national reach of one million listeners for Xfm.
The radio group is expected to appoint an advertising agency to work on the two brands once a marketing strategy has been finalised.
Graham Bryce, the managing director of Xfm and Choice, said: "We will be looking at the people who work with us. Whether we'll look to use something new has not been decided yet but we're not opening up a pitch."
Rocket currently handles media strategy for Xfm but Capital may need to appoint a creative agency to handle above-the-line advertising. Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners handles the 95.8 Capital FM brand.
The increased investment is likely to be split between above-the-line ads for Xfm and product improvements and trade marketing for Choice FM, the London urban station that Capital bought six months ago.
Bryce said: "Capital has a strategy of building complementary brands in the marketplace. It wants to create four strong brands but the ad recession meant that there weren't necessarily funds to invest in them all."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager fishtank £25000 - £28000 per annum, Bath
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £26000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East