Capital Radio adds £1.5m to Xfm spend
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 2004 12:00AM
Capital Radio is to put an extra £1.5 million behind marketing its young brands Xfm and Choice FM as it looks to achieve a national reach of one million listeners for Xfm.
The radio group is expected to appoint an advertising agency to work on the two brands once a marketing strategy has been finalised.
Graham Bryce, the managing director of Xfm and Choice, said: "We will be looking at the people who work with us. Whether we'll look to use something new has not been decided yet but we're not opening up a pitch."
Rocket currently handles media strategy for Xfm but Capital may need to appoint a creative agency to handle above-the-line advertising. Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners handles the 95.8 Capital FM brand.
The increased investment is likely to be split between above-the-line ads for Xfm and product improvements and trade marketing for Choice FM, the London urban station that Capital bought six months ago.
Bryce said: "Capital has a strategy of building complementary brands in the marketplace. It wants to create four strong brands but the ad recession meant that there weren't necessarily funds to invest in them all."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Presentation Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Presentation Designer Major Players £20 - £25 per hour, West London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Colchester
- PPC Account Executive-Entertainment brand Norton Leigh £24000, Central London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%