Merged Tequila arm picks London team
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 2004 12:00AM
TBWA\Worldwide has unveiled the management team that will run the London arm of its sister below-the-line network, Tequila, following its merger with the Omnicom agency TBWA\GGT. The latter's name will disappear and the move effectively consigns the GGT name, one of the most famous agency brands of the 80s, to history.
Tequila\London, which will employ 260 staff, will be headed by the joint chief executives, Tim Bonnet and Penny Reid. Bonnet and Reid, the former respective heads of Tequila and TBWA\GGT, will report to Rod Wright, the president of Tequila\Worldwide.
Mike Cornwell, previously the chief executive of TBWA\ GGT, becomes the managing director of Europe. The agency's chairman, Peter Herd, is stepping down in January to pursue interests outside of the agency.
The combined creative department will be led by TBWA\GGT's Nick Moore, who has been promoted to the role of executive creative director. The Tequila creative director, Nick Schanche, will report to Moore in the role of creative director.
The merger, first revealed in Campaign in October, ends the years of speculation over the future of both agencies. TBWA\GGT only operates in the UK, while Tequila has been building a global presence over the past four years and is aligned with TBWA.
Tequila\London will be based in the former TBWA\ GGT offices in London's Dean Street, Soho.
Paul Bainsfair, TBWA\ Worldwide's president of Europe, said: "This gives the agencies a unique and highly competitive position. Together, they will be an even stronger partner for TBWA\ London and will ensure our clients benefit from unparalleled integrated solutions."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency