Close-Up: 24 Hours with ... Lorna Tilbian
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 2004 12:00AM
Name: Lorna Tilbian
Job: Head of media equity research, Numis
Professional mission: Help institutional investors outperform by
spotting and championing the finest media companies
Professional mantra: Buying today's reality at a discount rather than
tomorrow's hope at a premium
5.30am Wake up to Bloomberg Business News on LBC 97.3FM - dollar down, interest rates rising, oil price surging ... not promising. 7.00am Bleary-eyed, download Capital Radio preliminary results from Reuters screen at workstation.
7.20am Speak at morning meeting for Numis salesmen, dealers and traders, analysing results compared with expectations, forecasting market response, calculating target price and making recommendations.
8.00am Deadline for Morning Minutes for publication on Numis website and e-mailing to all institutional clients.
8.15am Arrive at the London Stock Exchange for quick cup of coffee before Capital Radio management presentation followed by Q&A.
10.00am Return to Numis offices, e-mail feedback on analysts' meeting and again address dealing floor, followed by phone calls to all media-specialist institutional investors with reaction and recommendation.
11.00am Wade through dozens of e-mails ... while the phone rings with journalists asking for opinion and comment on results.
11.30am In-house weekly sector meeting with other media team members from across the company to discuss progress with execution of media business plan.
12.30pm Centaur AGM statement flashes across Reuters screen - revenues up 13 per cent against Numis expectations of 10 per cent rise. Hurray!
1.00pm Lunch at Paternoster Chophouse with Neville Buch and Doug Emslie of Tarsus (most civilised part of the day, so far).
3.00pm Presentation on media sector to blue-chip institutional investor based in EC2.
6.30pm Go to press on four-sided circular on Capital Radio and two-sider on Centaur.
6.45pm Phone home to see if everyone is okay.
7.00pm Pop into Numis salesman's engagement drinks at Chez Gerard.
8.30am Dinner with colleague and Alex Sandberg of College Hill at Moro's in Exmouth Market (best Moroccan this side of Marrakech).
11.30am Tucked away in bed ... waiting for alarm to go off in six short hours.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%