Agencies line up as BSkyB reviews DM
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 December 2004 12:00AM
BSkyB is reviewing its £23 million direct marketing account as it tries to meet ambitious new subscriber targets.
It will see pitches from a mixture of roster and non-roster agencies in January.
The pitch is part of the broadcaster's strategy to increase its 7.4 million subscriber base to ten million by 2010. The company has announced it is to invest an additional £450 million across its business in the next four years.
The figure includes a 50 per cent rise in its annual above-the-line spend to £75 million. Its DM budget (£23 million, according to Nielsen Media Research) could double.
BSkyB's roster comprises Red Cell Response, Finex Communications, Bright, Flourish and rmg:connect, all of which will participate in the pitch in January.
Richard Draper, BSkyB's customer marketing director, is overseeing the review.
BSkyB is also holding a pitch to find an advertising agency to handle Sky One, which it will use as a tool to attract a new audience.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart