ITN to take over management of Fox News archive
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - ITN has signed a deal with Fox News, which creates the biggest news-stock footage service in the US and makes historical Fox News footage available worldwide for the first time.
ITN Archive will take over the commercial management of the Fox News video library and the marketing of all Fox News archive footage to US and international customers, effective January 15 2005, as well as the Fox Movietone Archive. In total, the Fox archive amounts to approximately 31,500 hours of content.
Mark Wood, the chief executive of ITN, said: "This partnership links the most watched news channel in the US with the world's leading news and video archive business. Fox News has an extremely high quality news archive, which will complement the archive we are already responsible for managing.
"In total, ITN Archive will now be responsible for managing and selling a commercial news and TV-based video archive of over 68,000 hours. As the now clear leader in this market and with advances in digital technology, we see good growth opportunities and increase in demand."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager ATL FMCG Twist Recruitment £28000.00 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, West End
- Associate Director - Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £4200 - £47000 per annum, London
- EMEA SRE - Media Agency Elizabeth Norman International £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- PR Senior/Account Executive, B2B Tech, £22-27k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £270000 per annum, South West London