ITN to take over management of Fox News archive
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - ITN has signed a deal with Fox News, which creates the biggest news-stock footage service in the US and makes historical Fox News footage available worldwide for the first time.
ITN Archive will take over the commercial management of the Fox News video library and the marketing of all Fox News archive footage to US and international customers, effective January 15 2005, as well as the Fox Movietone Archive. In total, the Fox archive amounts to approximately 31,500 hours of content.
Mark Wood, the chief executive of ITN, said: "This partnership links the most watched news channel in the US with the world's leading news and video archive business. Fox News has an extremely high quality news archive, which will complement the archive we are already responsible for managing.
"In total, ITN Archive will now be responsible for managing and selling a commercial news and TV-based video archive of over 68,000 hours. As the now clear leader in this market and with advances in digital technology, we see good growth opportunities and increase in demand."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account