NEWS: BBH scoops double win from Time and Adams store chain
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has beaten Leagas Delaney and M&C Saatchi to create the first TV advertising for Time magazine in Europe.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has beaten Leagas Delaney and M&C Saatchi to create
the first TV advertising for Time magazine in Europe.
The agency has also won its third brand from Sears - the childrenswear
specialist, Adams, worth pounds 2.5 million.
The Time campaign, worth several million dollars, will break in March
1997. It will include TV commercials, to be aired initially on CNN.
The ads will position Time as an essential news title with a global
outlook, supplementing the reader’s national newspaper. Time last
advertised in Europe in 1991 with a print campaign created by GGK. Its
circulation in Europe is more than 600,000.
John Hegarty, creative director of BBH, said: ‘It is rare that an agency
is given the opportunity to contribute to one of the world’s iconic
Time aired its first US TV campaign for five years this summer, with
spots from Fallon McElligott Berlin featuring the theme: ‘The world’s
most interesting magazine.’
Commenting on the Economist campaign, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO,
Richard Atkinson, president of Time Inc. Atlantic, said: ‘We want
something striking. The Economist is an example of what can be
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London