NEWS: JWT lures Robinson for marketing director role
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Mark Robinson, the Publicis business development director, has quit the agency to join J. Walter Thompson as its new marketing director.
Mark Robinson, the Publicis business development director, has quit the
agency to join J. Walter Thompson as its new marketing director.
JWT has also promoted Harry MacAuslan to the new role of deputy
chairman. MacAuslan, who is head of account management, has a brief to
develop business with existing clients and to be a focus for business
run through WPP’s network of communication agencies. His former role
will be taken by Jane Mathews, who is currently a group board account
The last holder of the deputy chairmanship was Paul Twivy, the former
chief executive of the Dorland Group, who left JWT three years ago.
Stephen Carter, JWT’s managing director, said: ‘Our view is that we have
got the best clients and the best people in London - but there is a need
to market the brand that is JWT, as well as winning new business.’
Carter added: ‘Mark and Harry will act as mirror images of each other.
We have asked Harry to build on the services we already offer to
existing clients. Mark, meanwhile, will be focused on new clients.’
Robinson replaces the former JWT marketing chief, Martin Jones, who this
week started as managing director at the Advertising Agency Register
(Campaign, 11 October).
Robinson commented: ‘JWT has a very strong management and creative
product. It is the number one agency. There was no contest.’
He is expected to start at the Berkeley Square agency in the new year.
Robinson joined Publicis three years ago from GGK where he held a
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Cultural Insights Consultant Trace £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Project Manager - Award Winning Integrated Agency - £45K + Bens + Annual Bonus Story Recruitment up to £45K + annual bonus + great benefits, London
- Digital Video Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + +50% + bens, London