NEWS: Neil Morrissey adds directing to his Men Behaving Badly role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Neil Morrissey, one of the stars of the television series, Men Behaving Badly, has signed up as a commercials director with Smith Jones Brown and Cassie.
Neil Morrissey, one of the stars of the television series, Men Behaving
Badly, has signed up as a commercials director with Smith Jones Brown
Although he has no first-hand experience as a director, Morrissey
believes the time he has spent in front of the camera as an actor equips
him for the task.
Morrissey said: ‘Smith Jones is hand-rearing me and I trust them to get
me the right jobs. This is not a career change, it’s just another string
to my bow, but I think I can get my teeth stuck into directing
commercials. Of course I could be crap, but I am confident, and happy to
explore the avenues open to me.’
He added: ‘I am going into this with a good level of competence, and I
know how important it is to have the right team around you. My job is to
make the pictures look nice.’
Morrissey’s commercials career to date has been strictly in front of the
camera. He has been seen in an Impulse spot giving flowers to
unsuspecting women, and in a Britannia Building Society ad where he was
kissing a model on top of a car. A spot for McDonald’s, in which his
role was to carry heavy sacks of vegetables around Smithfield Market
before refuelling at McDonald’s, was pulled for being too tough.
The actor follows in the footsteps of Martin Clunes, one of his co-stars
in Men Behaving Badly, who has directed a feature film and recently
signed up as a commercial director for BFCS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Interim Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, North West England
- Senior Account Manager, Top Booze Brand, eCRM & Digital, up to £38k MODA consult up to £38k + benefits, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Search Party 30-40k, Central London
- Senior Brand Experience Manager PSD Group Up to £65,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London