NEWS: Delaney Fletcher and 20/20 scoop Hype drink brief
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Delaney Fletcher Bozell and its media arm, 20/20 Media, has won the pounds 2 million above-the-line launch of Hype, a fruit-flavoured energy drink.
Delaney Fletcher Bozell and its media arm, 20/20 Media, has won the
pounds 2 million above-the-line launch of Hype, a fruit-flavoured energy
Currently, the drink has a limited distribution in a few fashionable
clubs, but Delaney Fletcher has now been briefed to turn Hype into a
mainstream brand and position it in a head-to-head contest with the
rival energy drink, Red Bull.
A campaign will roll out in the spring using posters and cinema, and
there is also talk of TV work. A European campaign is also likely over
the next two years.
Mark Lund, the chief executive and managing director of Delaney
Fletcher, said: ‘We think Hype could be the energy version of Irn-Bru
and a popular alternative to mainstream drinks.’
He added: ‘We have to make it rapidly famous and as much a part of the
drinks topography as those that have been around for much longer. The
makers are very keen to take it into Europe as soon as possible and the
fact that we have a network is very important.’
Hype is manufactured by Worldwide Beverages, a company half-owned by
Barry Cox, the former owner of the Hard Rock Cafe.
The Hype win represents the first piece of new business Delaney Fletcher
has won since Paul Cowan joined as client services director from Ogilvy
and Mather last month (Campaign, 22 November).
Cowan was the business director at O&M where one of his biggest accounts
was Lucozade, and his experience of the soft-drinks market was a major
factor in helping Delaney Fletcher win the business.
Commenting on the win, Cowan said: ‘I only started on Monday so it’s
nice to join bearing gifts.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London
- COMMERCIAL MANAGER - LEADING ADVANCED SEARCH AGENCY Success Digital £Competitive, London