NEWS: Best to woo ministers as new AA chairman
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
James Best, the chairman of BMP DDB, is to take over the chairmanship of the Advertising Association from Winston Fletcher, the chairman of Bozell UK, who has held the AA post for more than four years.
James Best, the chairman of BMP DDB, is to take over the chairmanship of
the Advertising Association from Winston Fletcher, the chairman of
Bozell UK, who has held the AA post for more than four years.
The new chairman will have to prepare for the likelihood of a change of
government next year, and must establish the AA’s case with a new set of
ministers, whether or not Labour wins the election.
Fletcher warned: ‘Self-regulation in advertising will forever be an
issue, and will continue to come under threat from the European Union.’
The outgoing chairman recently moved from his position as chairman of
Delaney Fletcher Bozell, to become chairman of the Bozell holding
company. The change has put him at a distance from the day-to-day
Fletcher decided it was an appropriate time to step down. Among his
achievements over the last four years, he cites the AA’s successful
defence of self-regulation, especially in food advertising, its fiscal
stability and an internal restructuring.
‘It is a good thing for the new chairman to be in place before the
election,’ Fletcher said. ‘James has all the requisite qualities of an
outstanding chairman and has the clout necessary to do the job.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + + 20k comm, London
- Head of Publishing Services Ultimate Asset £65000 - £75000 per annum + +20%, London
- Loyalty Campaign Planner Stopgap £45000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni