NEWS: CIA does deal with consortium to sell dawn of year 2000
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
FirstLight 2000, the consortium which has the rights to broadcast the dawning of the first day in the new millennium, has joined forces with CIA Medianetwork in a bid to find commercial partners for the venture.
FirstLight 2000, the consortium which has the rights to broadcast the
dawning of the first day in the new millennium, has joined forces with
CIA Medianetwork in a bid to find commercial partners for the venture.
FirstLight 2000 has the rights to plant its cameras on the Chatham
Islands in New Zealand, the first populated place on earth to see the
dawn of the millennium.
The consortium, which includes some of the inhabitants of the Chatham
Islands, is now looking for sponsors to support the broadcasts. CIA will
act as a partner to FirstLight to offer the marketing proposition to
Mike Anderson, the marketing director of CIA Medianetwork, said that the
project offered a number of opportunities. ‘This is exactly the sort of
proposition we would encourage media owners to come to us with,’
Anderson added. ‘It’s much bigger than a simple spot and space issue.
It’s a rounded communications tool.’
As well as presenting the FirstLight proposition to its clients, CIA
will be advising the consortium on how best to exploit the commercial
opportunities of the broadcasts, and has been involved in discussions to
find an international TV network to carry them. The company claims that
the BBC, BSkyB, Nippon TV and others have expressed interest.
‘At it simplest, FirstLight could be a 20-second news item which could
be sold around the world. Or a global event on the scale of Live Aid
could be created around it, with all the attendant commercial
possibilities,’ Anderson said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor