NEWS: Yellow M victorious in battle for Index’s catalogue business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Yellow M has picked up the estimated pounds 2 million account for Index Extra, an upmarket catalogue produced by Littlewoods, following a four- way shoot out.
Yellow M has picked up the estimated pounds 2 million account for Index
Extra, an upmarket catalogue produced by Littlewoods, following a four-
way shoot out.
Yellow M pipped the incumbent, Evans Hunt Scott, and two others to the
business. The agency claims the task could be worth pounds 5 million
next year as its below-the-line element reaches a peak.
The Newcastle-based agency’s first work for the catalogue retailer - a
nationwide TV campaign - breaks in January, supported by radio, press
Mike Dethick, Yellow M’s chief executive, said: ‘Our main task is to
promote awareness of the brand and to increase the number of people
signing up for the catalogue.’
Index Extra is a catalogue available throughout the Index retail chain,
offering more goods than are for sale in the shop. Customers are
encouraged to sign up for it while they are in the store, but are only
issued with the premium Index Extra product after a credit check.
According to Register-MEAL, Index spent just under pounds 300,000 on
press and TV advertising in the year to the end of June, but it is
preparing to give heavyweight national TV support to the brand in the
coming year for the first time. Previous TV campaigns have all been
direct response ads screened during the day.
Media for Index, currently held by the Media Centre, is unaffected by
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%