NEWS: DMA gold medal to Duckworth Finn for Daewoo launch ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters has scooped the prestigious gold medal at this year’s Direct Marketing Awards for its launch of Daewoo cars.
Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters has scooped the prestigious gold medal at
this year’s Direct Marketing Awards for its launch of Daewoo cars.
The agency also picked up top honours in the DRTV category, as well as
second prize in the newly created automotive section.
Several other above-the-line agencies also did well this year. Saatchi
and Saatchi took the top prize in the first ever integrated category for
its army recruitment campaign for the COI. Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury
took second place for its work for Lemon Tango.
Saatchis’ army recruitment campaign also took third place in another new
category, electronic media.
Elsewhere, Barker and Ralston triumphed in the financial services
category and won third prize in the consumer inserts section with its
work for Abbey National.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO took second place with BT behind Duckworth Finn
in the DRTV category.
HHCL took second place with Martini in the innovation category, which
was won by Burnett Associates with the RNLI. Ammirati Puris Lintas took
third prize for Rover Cars in the consumer direct mail, low volume
category, won by Scotland Direct, working in-house.
This year there were 31 categories with an increased number of entries
from above-the-line agencies. The judging panel comprised agency
executives, clients and media owners.
Awarding the gold medal to Duckworth Finn, the judges declared: ‘It was
a simple, creative idea and it absolutely and fundamentally used direct
marketing techniques, not as an add-on but integrated into the whole
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%