NEWS: Irreverent Website offers Mini fanatics fun and games
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
A Website for one of the UK’s most enduring cars, the Mini, launches this week through Ammirati Puris Lintas, including screen savers, quizzes and competitions.
A Website for one of the UK’s most enduring cars, the Mini, launches
this week through Ammirati Puris Lintas, including screen savers,
quizzes and competitions.
The site for the 30-year-old car brand is based on the proposition,
‘express yourself’. The heart of the site allows users the chance to
design their own fantasy Mini.
The user-created designs are entered into a gallery on the site and
finally into a competition. The finished designs can be downloaded as a
screen saver and used to play a computer puzzle game.
On first entering the site, the user is introduced to six sections
which, aside from the ‘design your own Mini’ competition, offer retro
and sports quizzes, a history of the Mini and its designer, Sir Alec
Issigonis, and a competition that allows users to vote for their
favourite Mini designed by other visitors.
Patrick Fleming, the marketing manager for Mini, commented: ‘In essence,
the Mini is irreverent, cheeky and fun. The site is as much fun as
driving a Mini.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire