NEWS: Poppe Tyson starts Euro expansion by raiding rival shops
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
Poppe Tyson Interactive, the new-media agency owned by Bozell Worldwide, has dramatically raised its profile by poaching staff from several London Internet specialists to help with its European expansion.
Poppe Tyson Interactive, the new-media agency owned by Bozell Worldwide,
has dramatically raised its profile by poaching staff from several
London Internet specialists to help with its European expansion.
Launched in the UK earlier this year as a three-person operation, Poppe
Tyson now has more than 20 staff and a completely new management team.
The entire senior management has been poached from the Website design
company, Intelifest, which is responsible for the Website of the
computer company, Unisys, among others.
Bill Roberts becomes managing director, Tim Sexton operations director,
Ramesh Ariyanayakam chief financial officer and Paul Worboys client
services director. The new team joins Poppe Tyson keeping their
Intelifest titles intact.
Carat Interactive, responsible for the high-profile CarlingNet site,
also loses two senior staff. Simon Andrews, formerly of Zenith and Young
and Rubicam, joins as director of strategic planning and Camilla
Ballesteros joins as senior account director.
The influx of senior staffers precipitated the departure of the former
Poppe Tyson managing director, Guy Cranswick.
Poppe Tyson wants to reproduce in Europe the success it has enjoyed in
the US, where it has created sites for clients such as the White House,
Jeep, Chase Manhattan Bank and Netscape.
Roberts said: ‘The US division has decided to expand into Europe in a
big way. It has and is doing very well in the US, but it only had small
satellite offices in London and Hong Kong which were not doing so well.’
He added: ‘It has boosted the management team by recruiting some of the
best people from around town.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect Up to £34,000 plus bonus potential and benefits, West Yorkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive, North West England
- Account Manager for South-West London integrated agency Gabriele Skelton £3035 - £4035 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity