NEWS: Blackcurrant Tango knocks Levi’s off top spot as favourite teenage ad
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
The controversial Blackcurrant Tango film through Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury has ousted Levi’s as the most popular commercial among schoolchildren.
The controversial Blackcurrant Tango film through Howell Henry
Chaldecott Lury has ousted Levi’s as the most popular commercial among
The ad was voted three times as popular as any other ad, with 47 per
cent of 13- to 16-years-old naming it as their favourite.
This was just one of the findings from Media 2000, an ongoing research
project set up in May 1995 to track the habits of two groups of 200
London schoolchildren (Campaign, 5 April).
The study also showed that as far as consumption of media goes,
virtually all teenage girls claim to read magazines, with 80 per cent
Sugar magazine has increased its readership by 21 per cent among this
age group, while the figure for Bliss has jumped 58 per cent since May
However, the most popular magazine six months ago, Just 17, has fallen
to number three in the ranking, with readership among teenage girls
declining from 85 per cent to 40 per cent.
Boys read either football magazines (39 per cent ) or the Sun or Daily
Mirror (62 per cent). However, 17 per cent of older boys aged 15 and 16
claim to read FHM and 7 per cent read Loaded.
The objective of Media 2000 is to track continually the change in tastes
and attitudes of one particular group as it ages against the attitudes
of one age group over the same period.
Penetration of satellite has risen steadily over the five reports of the
two groups, but boys’ households are more likely to subscribe (44 per
cent) than girls’ (36 per cent).
Friends has emerged as the most popular TV programme for both sexes,
overtaking the X-Files and EastEnders.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Social/Digital Strategic Planner - Top Agency Digital Gurus £34000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey