DIARY: Bullock could expand funeral market share by giving special talk
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 December 1996 12:00AM
You know how the Advertising Association is always banging on about the freedom of commercial speech (yawn) and (yeah, yeah) the right to advertise?
You know how the Advertising Association is always banging on about the
freedom of commercial speech (yawn) and (yeah, yeah) the right to
Well, you could say it has been royally hoist with its own petard.
Its head of public affairs, the highly vocal Jonathan Bullock, has been
invited to give a talk to a trade association of 42 funeral companies.
His topic is: ‘How to increase market share through advertising.’
Ever the professional (who said boring?), Bullock is now claiming the
invite from the National Selected Morticians organisation as a
particularly pertinent victory for the industry.
‘More people are obviously not going to drop dead as a result of
advertising, so this is the ultimate justification of our argument that
advertising is about increasing market share rather than expanding the
market,’ he urges, without the slightest hint of irony.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London