Agencies battle for place on Diageo digital roster
By Larissa Bannister,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2005 08:00AM
LONDON - Diageo is understood to be talking to agencies ahead of building a digital roster to work across its entire portfolio of UK brands, including Guinness and Smirnoff.
The drinks giant does not currently have a digital agency of record, choosing instead to award projects on a one-off basis.
Along with other drinks manufacturers, the company is understood to be increasingly concerned about the restriction of alcohol ads on TV, and as a result is looking at shifting more of its £34.8m ad budget online.
Last year, the Bartle Bogle Hegarty-affiliated Dare created a microsite and ads for the launch of Johnnie Walker Green Label, while Agency Republic is working on a project to support Smirnoff Experience,a global programme of dance music events.
In September, Diageo asked Mother's sister agency Poke London to come up with a digital campaign for Archers Peach Schnapps and, in November, it launched a Gordon's Gin website, created by Craik Jones Digital.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire