Agencies battle for Diageo digital task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2005 12:00AM
Diageo is understood to be talking to agencies ahead of building a digital roster to work across its entire portfolio of UK brands, including Guinness and Smirnoff.
The drinks giant does not currently have a digital agency of record, choosing instead to award projects on a one-off basis.
Along with other drinks manufacturers, the company is understood to be increasingly concerned about the restriction of alcohol ads on TV, and as a result is looking at shifting more of its £34.8 million ad budget online.
Last year, the Bartle Bogle Hegarty-affiliated Dare created a microsite and ads for the launch of Johnnie Walker Green Label, while Agency Republic is working on a project to support Smirnoff Experience, a global programme of dance music events.
In September, Diageo asked Mother's sister agency Poke London to come up with a digital campaign for Archers Peach Schnapps and, in November, it launched a Gordon's Gin website, created by Craik Jones Digital.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'