Agencies battle for Diageo digital task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2005 12:00AM
Diageo is understood to be talking to agencies ahead of building a digital roster to work across its entire portfolio of UK brands, including Guinness and Smirnoff.
The drinks giant does not currently have a digital agency of record, choosing instead to award projects on a one-off basis.
Along with other drinks manufacturers, the company is understood to be increasingly concerned about the restriction of alcohol ads on TV, and as a result is looking at shifting more of its £34.8 million ad budget online.
Last year, the Bartle Bogle Hegarty-affiliated Dare created a microsite and ads for the launch of Johnnie Walker Green Label, while Agency Republic is working on a project to support Smirnoff Experience, a global programme of dance music events.
In September, Diageo asked Mother's sister agency Poke London to come up with a digital campaign for Archers Peach Schnapps and, in November, it launched a Gordon's Gin website, created by Craik Jones Digital.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films