Agencies battle for Diageo digital task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2005 12:00AM
Diageo is understood to be talking to agencies ahead of building a digital roster to work across its entire portfolio of UK brands, including Guinness and Smirnoff.
The drinks giant does not currently have a digital agency of record, choosing instead to award projects on a one-off basis.
Along with other drinks manufacturers, the company is understood to be increasingly concerned about the restriction of alcohol ads on TV, and as a result is looking at shifting more of its £34.8 million ad budget online.
Last year, the Bartle Bogle Hegarty-affiliated Dare created a microsite and ads for the launch of Johnnie Walker Green Label, while Agency Republic is working on a project to support Smirnoff Experience, a global programme of dance music events.
In September, Diageo asked Mother's sister agency Poke London to come up with a digital campaign for Archers Peach Schnapps and, in November, it launched a Gordon's Gin website, created by Craik Jones Digital.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business ' Mobile ' Development Manager - Cloud Services Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Competitive OTE (Negotiable), London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst - BI Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £250 - £300 per day, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity