Diary: Turkey of the Week - Bartle Bogle Hegarty/KFC
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2005 12:00AM
James Hamilton finds it hard to put into words the fear and loathing he feels when Bartle Bogle Hegarty's new KFC 99p mini-fillet burger commercial comes on TV: "I'm amazed that this caterwauling disaster of an ad ever got past the first show-and-tell with the client. The first 'soul food'-themed ads worked, on a greasy chicken kind of level, but this new suburban operatic twist has less soul than the Basildon Travelodge. And less style, too. Bring back the Colonel - all is forgiven."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Loyalty Rewards Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni