More4 in hunt for advertising agency
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 February 2005 12:00AM
Channel 4 is looking for an advertising agency for its new digital channel, More4.
The channel, originally slated to launch early in 2005, is now due to debut in September. The AAR has been asked to draw up a shortlist of agencies and Rufus Radcliffe, the head of marketing for E4, is heading the process for the broadcaster.
The More4 offering was initially aimed at the over-30s, broadcasting repeats of dra-mas, documentaries and property shows. However, following a review by Channel 4's new chief executive, Andy Duncan, it will now air more highbrow content.
The channel will complement the broadcaster's existing digital offering, E4, by screening more homegrown, factual and documentary programming.
E4, which targets the under-25s, airs a schedule dominated by US imports and extended content from Channel 4 TV shows.
Duncan's review also resulted in the decision to streamline Channel 4's commercial arm, 4Ventures, including its creative agency, 4Creative, into the main broadcaster under the company's marketing director, Polly Cochrane.
4Creative will now concentrate on developing opportunities in new media and rights exploitation.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account