More4 in hunt for advertising agency
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 February 2005 12:00AM
Channel 4 is looking for an advertising agency for its new digital channel, More4.
The channel, originally slated to launch early in 2005, is now due to debut in September. The AAR has been asked to draw up a shortlist of agencies and Rufus Radcliffe, the head of marketing for E4, is heading the process for the broadcaster.
The More4 offering was initially aimed at the over-30s, broadcasting repeats of dra-mas, documentaries and property shows. However, following a review by Channel 4's new chief executive, Andy Duncan, it will now air more highbrow content.
The channel will complement the broadcaster's existing digital offering, E4, by screening more homegrown, factual and documentary programming.
E4, which targets the under-25s, airs a schedule dominated by US imports and extended content from Channel 4 TV shows.
Duncan's review also resulted in the decision to streamline Channel 4's commercial arm, 4Ventures, including its creative agency, 4Creative, into the main broadcaster under the company's marketing director, Polly Cochrane.
4Creative will now concentrate on developing opportunities in new media and rights exploitation.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Project Manager Source £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Artworker AF Selection £23,000 - £28,000, Northampton
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Mid-weight Producer JWT £35k -£45k per annum (plus benefits), depending on experience, Knightsbridge
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity