CAMPAIGN DIARY: Lap-dancer was sure she had tickled Noel’s fancy in New York club
By MAIRI CLARK, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 1997 12:00AM
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media
people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in
even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
In May the Daily Star ran the exclusive: ’Noel and 38DD Strip Tease.’
The Oasis star, Noel Gallagher, had, allegedly, been seen getting it on
with a busty blonde lap dancer in a New York strip club.
The truth has only just emerged that it was not Noel, but Giles Howard,
the hunky sales director of Classic FM, and ten of his mates. He
explains: ’We were on a stag weekend in New York, and we’d gone to a
club called Flowers. One of the guys asked the DJ if he could play some
Oasis. The DJ pointed at my mate, the one getting married, and said: ’I
knew it! That guy is Noel Gallagher!’.’
They were plied with champagne and put in a private room. Worried that
the press would turn up and blow the gaffe, ’Noel’ and entourage -
including Howard, posing as the ’manager from the record company’ -
decided it was time to leave.
Flowers’ manager provided a limo to take them to the lap-dancing club,
Scores, where they also received star treatment, complete with
methuselahs of champagne and ’Scores dollars’ to shove down the girls’
They were promised no publicity, so they settled in safely.
Enter lap-dancer Patrice Cash who subsequently told the Star all about
her moments shared with ’Noel’ - much to the consequent embarrassment of
the Noel lookalike and bride back in Blighty.
Unfortunately, Campaign cannot reveal the lookalike’s identity nor bring
you pictures of the innocent chap. For one thing, he has a responsible
City job. For another, he is still in the doghouse.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sales Executive Sporting Appointments £19000 - £30000 per annum + commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance French Editor Creative Recruitment negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Head of Insights Stopgap £90000 - £100000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account