CAMPAIGN DIARY: Lap-dancer was sure she had tickled Noel’s fancy in New York club
By MAIRI CLARK, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 1997 12:00AM
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media
people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in
even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
In May the Daily Star ran the exclusive: ’Noel and 38DD Strip Tease.’
The Oasis star, Noel Gallagher, had, allegedly, been seen getting it on
with a busty blonde lap dancer in a New York strip club.
The truth has only just emerged that it was not Noel, but Giles Howard,
the hunky sales director of Classic FM, and ten of his mates. He
explains: ’We were on a stag weekend in New York, and we’d gone to a
club called Flowers. One of the guys asked the DJ if he could play some
Oasis. The DJ pointed at my mate, the one getting married, and said: ’I
knew it! That guy is Noel Gallagher!’.’
They were plied with champagne and put in a private room. Worried that
the press would turn up and blow the gaffe, ’Noel’ and entourage -
including Howard, posing as the ’manager from the record company’ -
decided it was time to leave.
Flowers’ manager provided a limo to take them to the lap-dancing club,
Scores, where they also received star treatment, complete with
methuselahs of champagne and ’Scores dollars’ to shove down the girls’
They were promised no publicity, so they settled in safely.
Enter lap-dancer Patrice Cash who subsequently told the Star all about
her moments shared with ’Noel’ - much to the consequent embarrassment of
the Noel lookalike and bride back in Blighty.
Unfortunately, Campaign cannot reveal the lookalike’s identity nor bring
you pictures of the innocent chap. For one thing, he has a responsible
City job. For another, he is still in the doghouse.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager become £32-34K, Central Manchester
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Senior Account Executives become £23-24K, Merseyside
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency