CAMPAIGN DIARY: Lap-dancer was sure she had tickled Noel’s fancy in New York club
By MAIRI CLARK, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 November 1997 12:00AM
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
If there’s two things that can be guaranteed when you let media
people out of the country, it’s that they’ll get into trouble, and be in
even more trouble with their partners when they get back.
In May the Daily Star ran the exclusive: ’Noel and 38DD Strip Tease.’
The Oasis star, Noel Gallagher, had, allegedly, been seen getting it on
with a busty blonde lap dancer in a New York strip club.
The truth has only just emerged that it was not Noel, but Giles Howard,
the hunky sales director of Classic FM, and ten of his mates. He
explains: ’We were on a stag weekend in New York, and we’d gone to a
club called Flowers. One of the guys asked the DJ if he could play some
Oasis. The DJ pointed at my mate, the one getting married, and said: ’I
knew it! That guy is Noel Gallagher!’.’
They were plied with champagne and put in a private room. Worried that
the press would turn up and blow the gaffe, ’Noel’ and entourage -
including Howard, posing as the ’manager from the record company’ -
decided it was time to leave.
Flowers’ manager provided a limo to take them to the lap-dancing club,
Scores, where they also received star treatment, complete with
methuselahs of champagne and ’Scores dollars’ to shove down the girls’
They were promised no publicity, so they settled in safely.
Enter lap-dancer Patrice Cash who subsequently told the Star all about
her moments shared with ’Noel’ - much to the consequent embarrassment of
the Noel lookalike and bride back in Blighty.
Unfortunately, Campaign cannot reveal the lookalike’s identity nor bring
you pictures of the innocent chap. For one thing, he has a responsible
City job. For another, he is still in the doghouse.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad