Saatchi duo joins TBWA Simons
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 August 1997 12:00AM
TBWA Simons Palmer has hired two Saatchi & Saatchi creatives, Jason Fretwell and Greg Milbourne.
TBWA Simons Palmer has hired two Saatchi & Saatchi creatives, Jason
Fretwell and Greg Milbourne.
Fretwell, a copywriter, was one of Campaign’s Faces to Watch in 1996 and
has been at Saatchis for six-and-a-half years. He was promoted to the
board this year and has won awards for work on Castlemaine XXXX, the
Army and Silk Cut. His recent output includes two TV spots for the
launch of the Toyota Picnic as well as a press campaign for Schweppes
Malvern mineral water.
Milbourne, a 26-year-old art director, joined Saatchis straight from
college five years ago. He has won awards for his work on the
Independent, the Army and the Multiple Sclerosis ’advent calendar’
campaign. He also art directed the latest Commission for Racial Equality
press ad and the Oasis spot starring the former England football coach,
Fretwell said: ’We have worked together on pitches and for the odd week,
but we wanted to be a permanent team. At TBWA we will be working in a
different culture and hopefully will be better creatives for it.’
Guy Malcolm, a creative director at TBWA Simons, said: ’Their book hit
us straight between the eyes. When a team of that quality comes through
the door, you want to make sure no-one else hires them. We have won some
quality work and need quality teams to work on the new business.’
Fretwell has been working with different art directors during the past
couple of years, including Nik Studzinski and Vanessa Rosser. Milbourne
has worked with Jo Tanner and Gavin Kellett. However, Milbourne and
Fretwell approached TBWA Simons as a ready-made pair.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London