Saatchi duo joins TBWA Simons
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 August 1997 12:00AM
TBWA Simons Palmer has hired two Saatchi & Saatchi creatives, Jason Fretwell and Greg Milbourne.
TBWA Simons Palmer has hired two Saatchi & Saatchi creatives, Jason
Fretwell and Greg Milbourne.
Fretwell, a copywriter, was one of Campaign’s Faces to Watch in 1996 and
has been at Saatchis for six-and-a-half years. He was promoted to the
board this year and has won awards for work on Castlemaine XXXX, the
Army and Silk Cut. His recent output includes two TV spots for the
launch of the Toyota Picnic as well as a press campaign for Schweppes
Malvern mineral water.
Milbourne, a 26-year-old art director, joined Saatchis straight from
college five years ago. He has won awards for his work on the
Independent, the Army and the Multiple Sclerosis ’advent calendar’
campaign. He also art directed the latest Commission for Racial Equality
press ad and the Oasis spot starring the former England football coach,
Fretwell said: ’We have worked together on pitches and for the odd week,
but we wanted to be a permanent team. At TBWA we will be working in a
different culture and hopefully will be better creatives for it.’
Guy Malcolm, a creative director at TBWA Simons, said: ’Their book hit
us straight between the eyes. When a team of that quality comes through
the door, you want to make sure no-one else hires them. We have won some
quality work and need quality teams to work on the new business.’
Fretwell has been working with different art directors during the past
couple of years, including Nik Studzinski and Vanessa Rosser. Milbourne
has worked with Jo Tanner and Gavin Kellett. However, Milbourne and
Fretwell approached TBWA Simons as a ready-made pair.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'