NEWS: ACI accepts paying members and sets its code of practice
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
The Association of Creative Independents will become a reality early next year with up to 30 companies likely to form its founding membership.
The Association of Creative Independents will become a reality early
next year with up to 30 companies likely to form its founding
They will pay a pounds 750 annual fee to join the ACI, which is hopeful
of achieving charity status within the next nine months.
Lewis Silkin, appointed as solicitors to the fledgling organisation, is
drawing up articles of association and will advise members on copyright
and confidentiality issues.
Meanwhile, the ACI is writing a code of practice intended to reassure
advertisers of the professional standards of members.
The code will also ban ACI members from ‘stealing’ any client business
from agencies that employ them.
Bill Thompson, an ACI committee member, said: ‘We think a pounds 750
membership fee will encourage creative independents who are interested
in what we’re trying to achieve rather than casual freelancers.’
Creative independents will be allowed into the ACI if they are employing
account staff and planners but would not qualify if they followed the
full-service agency route by establishing media departments, Thompson
The ACI, which was formally launched at a meeting at the Institute of
Practitioners in Advertising on Tuesday, will begin life with no
permanent staff but hopes to establish an office with paid
administration staff at a later stage.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London