NEWS: Universal McCanns makes first win and appointment
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Universal McCanns, the media dependant launched last week (Campaign, 8 December), has scored its inaugural media business coup and has made its first senior appointment.
Universal McCanns, the media dependant launched last week (Campaign, 8
December), has scored its inaugural media business coup and has made its
first senior appointment.
Universal has fought off competition from BBDO to retain its grip on the
pounds 4 million centralised media planning and buying business for the
consumer care division of the drug company, Bayer. It has also promoted
Fiona Smedley, currently a media group head, to the new role of media
Bayer realigned its account globally into BBDO last week, and has now
decided to buck the global trend by retaining Universal McCanns on the
media business in the UK. Media elsewhere has shifted into BBDO.
Patrick Johnson, the head of Bayer’s consumer division, said he had been
impressed with McCanns’ performance on the business. ‘We’ve been
delighted to award it all our business for 1996, including several
planned new product launches,’ he said.
Meanwhile, Smedley will take up her role at the beginning of next year,
with a brief to dovetail McCanns’ full-service strategic skills with
those of the Universal specialist media operation.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London