NEWS: Talks with agencies suggest GUS media review in the offing
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of
agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
At least three agencies are believed to have held preliminary
discussions with the client over the past few weeks.
Separately, GUS has appointed the Cheshire-based media agency, Media
Ability, to its roster to work alongside Zenith Media, which handles
many of GUS’s brands, and apparently be responisble for short-term
Mel Ives, group sales manager at Mirror Group Newspapers, said: ‘We were
informed that it has appointed Media Ability. However, as far as we’re
concerned, our contracted business is with Zenith, or with GUS direct.’
One magazine source said Media Ability generally buys ‘distress’ space
for smallish clients. ‘It’s something of a puzzle to me why GUS has
appointed it,’ he said.
GUS brands include Family Album, Choice and Kays.
GUS refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity