NEWS: Talks with agencies suggest GUS media review in the offing
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of
agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
At least three agencies are believed to have held preliminary
discussions with the client over the past few weeks.
Separately, GUS has appointed the Cheshire-based media agency, Media
Ability, to its roster to work alongside Zenith Media, which handles
many of GUS’s brands, and apparently be responisble for short-term
Mel Ives, group sales manager at Mirror Group Newspapers, said: ‘We were
informed that it has appointed Media Ability. However, as far as we’re
concerned, our contracted business is with Zenith, or with GUS direct.’
One magazine source said Media Ability generally buys ‘distress’ space
for smallish clients. ‘It’s something of a puzzle to me why GUS has
appointed it,’ he said.
GUS brands include Family Album, Choice and Kays.
GUS refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers