NEWS: Talks with agencies suggest GUS media review in the offing
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
Great Universal Stores is understood to be talking to a number of
agencies about a rethink of its entire pounds 30 million media account.
At least three agencies are believed to have held preliminary
discussions with the client over the past few weeks.
Separately, GUS has appointed the Cheshire-based media agency, Media
Ability, to its roster to work alongside Zenith Media, which handles
many of GUS’s brands, and apparently be responisble for short-term
Mel Ives, group sales manager at Mirror Group Newspapers, said: ‘We were
informed that it has appointed Media Ability. However, as far as we’re
concerned, our contracted business is with Zenith, or with GUS direct.’
One magazine source said Media Ability generally buys ‘distress’ space
for smallish clients. ‘It’s something of a puzzle to me why GUS has
appointed it,’ he said.
GUS brands include Family Album, Choice and Kays.
GUS refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Brand Strategist & Senior Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £60k-£90k + neg + generous benefits, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East