NEWS: Ex-Telegraph group marketing director takes M&A position
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
David Pugh, the former marketing director of the Telegraph group, has joined the poster contractor, Mills and Allen, as its first commercial director.
David Pugh, the former marketing director of the Telegraph group, has
joined the poster contractor, Mills and Allen, as its first commercial
Pugh, who will join M&A at the end of January, will have a wide brief
over the commercial functions of the outdoor company and is charged with
beefing up marketing activity. The contractor’s existing six-strong
marketing department will report to him.
Colm O’Cuilleanain, the chief executive of M&A, said Pugh would also
oversee the client sales and new product development departments, as
well as marketing.
Although Pugh has no direct experience of the outdoor medium,
O’Cuilleanain said he would be a valuable asset. ‘David will complement
our existing talents and expertise,’ he said.
‘People here have years of experience in the outdoor medium, but we felt
the company needed new blood and fresh thinking.’
M&A is keen to capitalise on the renewed interest in the outdoor medium
that will come from next spring’s launch of Oscar II - the new audience
measurement system for the poster industry.
The company is also planning a new push to increase the number of
advertisers using the outdoor medium, and the number using M&A products
in particular, across the course of 1996.
M&A is one of the leading poster contractors in the UK, but observers
say the company needs to take a more aggressive position in the coming
year to keep its market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire