NEWS: Concord moves top staff in preparation for growth overseas
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Concord, the poster buying specialist, has reshuffled its senior management in readiness for expansion in the UK and overseas next year.
Concord, the poster buying specialist, has reshuffled its senior
management in readiness for expansion in the UK and overseas next year.
Nigel Mansell, currently a board account director at Concord, has been
promoted to managing director. Mansell will take over from Alan Simmons,
who is being promoted to chairman of the pounds 40 million-billing
The changes have been sparked by the move of Concord’s current chairman,
Peter Waddell, off the Concord board. Waddell is now concentrating his
efforts on his role as chairman of Concord’s holding company, Alban
Alban is now set for expansion across Europe. The company, which owns
Concord and has stakes in two other UK specialists, Outdoor Focus and
Outdoor Connection, is hoping to build its international client base and
boost its European poster buying business.
Simmons said that the management changes, which take effect from January
1996, were ‘a seamless, logical transition.’
He added: ‘Nigel has been more hands on over the last year, and his new
role frees me up to concentrate on our clients rather than individual
Concord is now planning to increase its activity in the sponsorship side
of the outdoor business, devising new ways for clients to capitalise on
all outdoor advertising opportunities.
‘We’re increasingly using new forms of outdoor advertising, such as
vending machines and tube and rail tickets, to offer our clients
different communication solutions,’ Simmons added.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London