NEWS: Bates wins Outward Bound task to draw in more donations
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
The cash-strapped Outward Bound Trust, which aims to build character by stretching endurance to the limit, has turned to advertising in an effort to solve its financial crisis.
The cash-strapped Outward Bound Trust, which aims to build character by
stretching endurance to the limit, has turned to advertising in an
effort to solve its financial crisis.
The charity has appointed Bates Communications, the Dorland group
through-the-line subsidiary, to mount a campaign for donations.
Outward Bound was founded in 1942 to help young seamen survive the
Battle of the Atlantic. It now helps young adults survive the complex
pressures of life in the 90s.
Mike Fredman, the Bates Communications chairman, said: ‘It costs a lot
to send somebody on an Outward Bound course and although many are
sponsored by their companies, many underprivileged young people also
take part. Our brief is to relaunch and re-energise the charity.’
Bates is working on a press and direct marketing campaign to draw in
funds from companies that have sent staff on the scheme and those that
have taken part in it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Sports Direct Magazine Haymarket Media Group £26k - £28k, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Project Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Business Development Manager - Augmented #AR Reality Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 per annum + OTE Commission & Package, England