NEWS: Top NatMags editor quits for major role on IPC ‘home’ titles
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
Sally O’Sullivan, editor-in-chief of the National Magazine Company’s Good Housekeeping magazine, has jumped ship to IPC Magazines.
Sally O’Sullivan, editor-in-chief of the National Magazine Company’s
Good Housekeeping magazine, has jumped ship to IPC Magazines.
NatMags has appointed House Beautiful’s founding editor, Pat Roberts
Cairns, to fill her role.
O’Sullivan takes up the reins as editor-in-chief of IPC’s Ideal Home and
Homes and Ideas. Her appointment follows the retirement at the end of
December of Terence Whelan, Ideal Home’s editor since 1977.
O’Sullivan has had a distinguished career at NatMags. Under her
editorship, sales of Good Housekeeping increased from 360,000 in 1991 to
502,000 for the January-June ABC period this year.
She was previously the editor of Harpers and Queen.
Roberts Cairns was most recently editor of Tesco Clubcard Magazine,
which has the largest controlled circulation of any UK consumer title.
Priscilla Rogan, press buying director at WCRS, said: ‘O’Sullivan has
done some brilliant work at NatMags. Homes and Ideas has always been a
little me-too, so it’s good IPC will have someone more high-profile over
there. Good Housekeeping is a different ball game. It won’t grow much
more, so if Roberts Cairns only maintains that she’ll just be treading
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account