LETTERS: BALD MEN IN ADS; Bald men should get a share of the good roles in ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
I saw the letter in last week’s Campaign (1 December) concerning baldness in advertising, and I fully agree with Julian Picksey.
I saw the letter in last week’s Campaign (1 December) concerning
baldness in advertising, and I fully agree with Julian Picksey.
I am only 29 and have been going bald since I turned 25. I have even
grown a ponytail to make up for my lack of hair on top. So I do find it
annoying when I turn on the TV and see that the only bald people
portrayed in ads are old men and stereotype losers; a prime example is
the awful ad done a while ago for Hamlet cigars.
I’d like to appeal to anyone who writes ads to think, as they are
penning the casting brief, of trying to include balding or totally bald
men and not just the usual fully thatched men deemed ‘normal’ in adland.
Philip Nobo, Kore Creative, London W1
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Designer - Ad Agency Periscope Recruitment LLP £45000 - £55000 per annum, Windsor
- Digital Media Officer - Health and Research British Heart Foundation c£27,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and excellent benefits, London NW1
- Category Manager Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, West Midlands
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London