DIARY: A simple quiz to find out your importance
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 1995 12:00AM
How important are you? It’s simple to judge. When you furtively came to brief Campaign on your brilliant new career, did an eager reporter take you to 1. White’s Hotel or 2. The Mitre?
How important are you? It’s simple to judge. When you furtively came to
brief Campaign on your brilliant new career, did an eager reporter take
you to 1. White’s Hotel or 2. The Mitre?
1. White’s - you’re a pretty big wig. Said reporter felt safe there as
the other frequenters of the hotel were either adulterous couples or
Haymarket editors trying to woo staff from rival magazines and you were
unlikely to be recognised.
2. Mitre - you’re an ordinary syrup. The reporter probably couldn’t have
justified your White’s G&Ts on expenses. You’d have been likely to bump
into journos from Marketing, but it wouldn’t have mattered - we just
hadn’t got the balls to tell you!
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account