Teacher agency picks Delaney Fletcher for recruitment boost
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 May 1997 12:00AM
The Teacher Training Agency has hired Delaney Fletcher Bozell and BJK&E Media to help raise the profile of teachers, a task that has shot up the political agenda since the new Labour Government came to power earlier this month.
The Teacher Training Agency has hired Delaney Fletcher Bozell and
BJK&E Media to help raise the profile of teachers, a task that has shot
up the political agenda since the new Labour Government came to power
earlier this month.
Delaney Fletcher will work with its sister company, Poppe Tyson
Interactive, as well as Charles Barker public relations, to persuade the
well-educated elite that teaching is a valid career choice.
’I remember when there were three professions - the law, medicine and
teaching,’ Mark Lund, the managing director of Delaney Fletcher,
commented. ’What we are going to do is to get back to the fact that
teaching is a uniquely rewarding job.’
Using the idea that no-one forgets a good teacher, Delaney Fletcher is
gearing up for a push on cinema, in the press and through the TTA’s
The aim is to persuade more, better qualified people to teach.
Delaney Fletcher beat three other agency groups, including
McCann-Erickson, J. Walter Thompson and DMB&B to land the task. The
victory is a breakthrough for the advertising industry, since recent
work for the TTA has concentrated more on public relations than on
above-the-line ads. Budgets have not been finalised, but are expected to
be between pounds 2 million and pounds 3 million for an integrated
The TTA, a government-funded body charged with ensuring Britain has
enough teachers, has found it harder over the past decade to meet
targets. It started looking for an agency earlier this year (Campaign,
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire