UK companies win two silvers in D&AD interactive section
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 May 1997 12:00AM
The UK’s multimedia industry will score a significant triumph against top international competition in next week’s inaugural D&AD interactive awards category.
The UK’s multimedia industry will score a significant triumph
against top international competition in next week’s inaugural D&AD
interactive awards category.
Of the three silver awards given by the judges, two will go to UK
The third will be presented to a US team.
The British success was hailed this week by the chairman of the judges
in the interactive category, Richard Mellor. Mellor, the creative
director of the new-media specialist, Hyperinteractive, commented: ’The
creative work from the UK entries by far exceeded the work from other
countries. The US had the edge in terms of technology, but the UK has a
very strong creative and design industry and many top people are now
applying their skills to the new-media field.’
The category received 140 entries in its first year. The judges made
nine nominations, from which they awarded the three silvers. All entries
- Websites, CD-Roms and kiosks - were judged on creativity, use of
technology and interactivity.
Mellor, who built D&AD’s own Website, was joined on the judging panel by
six other senior industry figures including Sue Thexton, the managing
director of MacroMedia and the chairman of BIMA, and Jim Davies, a
freelance journalist and regular Campaign contributor.
Mellor added: ’New media has grown up. It now has the status it deserves
alongside the other design disciplines, thanks to the D&AD.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views