NEWS: Taylor goes East to take top Bates job
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 August 1996 12:00AM
Tony Taylor, the Bates Dorland deputy managing director who was denied a place in the agency’s managerial front line during its reshuffle, is to take a senior job with the Bates network in the Far East.
Tony Taylor, the Bates Dorland deputy managing director who was denied a
place in the agency’s managerial front line during its reshuffle, is to
take a senior job with the Bates network in the Far East.
He has been appointed regional director of Bates Asia and will be based
in Singapore with responsibility for driving the development of local
agencies in Indo-China and the Indian subcontinent.
The role has been newly created and Taylor will report to Alex Hamill,
the Australia-based director of the Asia Pacific region.
The announcement follows mounting speculation that Taylor would not stay
in London after failing to win promotion during the last round of high-
Taylor, 38, had been a candidate for the managing director’s job, left
vacant when John Stubbings became client services director for Bates
Europe. But the post was filled by Chris Clark, a former group account
director at Saatchi and Saatchi (Campaign, 26 January).
Having recently spent time in South Africa, Taylor had also been
expected to take over as chief executive of Bates SA. But the job failed
to materialise when the agency, which was owned and run by its local
management, was sold to Omnicom before Bates could conclude its own
acquisition deal (Campaign, last week).
‘Asia is a region of high growth,’ Taylor said. ‘It will be fascinating
to be part of it.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton
- Senior Sales Execuitve - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency