CAMPAIGN CRAFT: Sponsored by SVC - BBC’s ’Perfect Day’ and Orange TV spots are main BTACA contenders
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 October 1998 12:00AM
WCRS’s Orange mobile phones campaign and Leagas Delaney’s ’Perfect Day’ ad for the BBC look set to be two of the big winners at this year’s British Television Advertising Craft Awards, which take place at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on 2 November.
WCRS’s Orange mobile phones campaign and Leagas Delaney’s ’Perfect
Day’ ad for the BBC look set to be two of the big winners at this year’s
British Television Advertising Craft Awards, which take place at the
Royal Lancaster Hotel on 2 November.
Orange has been nominated in five of the 19 categories and has won all
three nominations for the best animation award. ’Perfect Day’ has been
named as a potential winner for best direction (Gregory Rood), best
video post-production (David Smith) and best re-recorded music (Mark
Sayer Wade and Tolga Kashif).
The 1998 BTACA nominations mark the biggest departure from the BTAA and
D&AD shortlists since the BTAC awards were introduced in 1996. BMP DDB’s
Volkswagen work is only mentioned once, in the form of the nomination of
Peter Cattaneo, the director of the Full Monty, for best new director
for his VW ’ruler’ spot.
Mark Nunneley at RSA and Kevin Thomas at Blink are the other two
nominees for best new director, for their work on Kraft Dairylea ’dino
time’ and Sky ’knowledge lovers’ respectively.
Peter Bigg, the organiser of the BTACA, said: ’The awards this year are
much more ideas driven. Two or three years ago it was an excess of style
over content, but now all the creatives have grown up with Flame and
Harry and see it as a tool rather than a plaything.’
The judges include John Webster, Jo Godman, Mark Wnek, Trevor Beattie,
Tony Cox, Jay Pond-Jones and Peter Souter. The nominees for best
director are Jonathan Glazer for Guinness’s ’swim black’, Frank Budgen
for Sony’s ’unexpected’ and Gregory Rood for the BBC’s ’Perfect Day’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency