Campaign Poster Advertising Awards 1997: The Sponsors Profiles - Best Alcoholic Drinks or tobacco poster - Portland Outdoor Advertising
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 October 1997 12:00AM
This year, Portland Outdoor Advertising is celebrating its 21st year of trading and, with offices now established in every continent servicing clients in more than 50 countries, Portland is the largest and most influential out-of-home planning and buying company in the world.
This year, Portland Outdoor Advertising is celebrating its 21st
year of trading and, with offices now established in every continent
servicing clients in more than 50 countries, Portland is the largest and
most influential out-of-home planning and buying company in the
From its formation in 1976, the company’s primary objective has been to
achieve better value in the outdoor medium for the clients and agencies
with whom it works.
This, and a bedrock of other sound principles, has led to its single
most important focus being a partnership ethic with its agencies and
clients, which has resulted in turnover of almost pounds 130
A belief in the concentration of buying performance forms the very
substance of any specialist outdoor agency aiming to achieve better
value for its clients, and it is of primary importance to Portland.
The company’s continued investment in its global product has brought a
consistency of approach for all markets it is operating in, and extends
to global standard mapping and administrative systems, as well as
Portland’s site valuation system (PSV) for measuring quality, alongside
available independent industry research, such as POSTAR.
During 1997, its PSV system has been entirely updated and all 48-sheet
and larger roadside sites in the UK have been independently
re-evaluated, photographed and GIS mapped, to provide vehicular and
pedestrian scores, and to run parallel with POSTAR information.
This global PSV analysis now extends to almost half-a-million sites
worldwide, and forms an integral part of our global mapping technology
to provide national, international or cross-continent campaigns for all
sizes of outdoor signage.
Portland’s 87 UK staff includes its sister companies, PrimeAds
International and Media Insight Outdoor, as well as its North of England
office, based in Manchester.
Sixty-five per cent of its resources is dedicated to buying and account
handling. And, because it has been in business for 21 years, it has
built strong relationships with all contractors operating in the UK
market and elsewhere.
Portland’s global market position is the result of consistent investment
in its business, technology and positive approach to making outdoor
advertising more accountable and successful.
Its commitment to continued investment in its clients’ business is
assured, as is its continued focus to provide the most visible and
effective outdoor advertising campaigns in all world markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Communications & Brand Manager Breakthrough Breast Cancer £42,000 - £48,000, Central London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Mondelez signs global partnership with Facebook
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account