NEWS: BMP DDB gains pounds 5m Lego UK toy account
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 October 1996 12:00AM
BMP DDB has beaten Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters and Delaney Fletcher Bozell to become the UK guardian of the famous Lego brand.
BMP DDB has beaten Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters and Delaney Fletcher
Bozell to become the UK guardian of the famous Lego brand.
Lego called a review of its advertising in August, after it had
established the Legoland theme park in Windsor.
The decision was also taken to harmonise advertising for the theme park
with work on Lego UK, the traditional Lego brick, which had previously
been handled across Europe by the Copenhagen-based agency, Advance.
BMP will work on a project basis with Lego UK on the Lego toy business.
The win could bring pounds 5 million in new billings to the agency.
Joanna Oswin, the marketing manager for Legoland Windsor, said: ‘The
creative concept and strategy BMP presented combines impact and
innovation with humour, which will be very campaignable and flexible.’
BMP has been charged with positioning Lego as an established but
relevant product, while keeping the brand’s distance from the fashion
end of the toy market.
Jorian Murray, a board account director at BMP, said: ‘Legoland is
light years away from the average theme park, and our advertising will
reflect that stature.’
CIA Medianetwork remains the media buyer for Lego UK and Legoland
Windsor. Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury, Advance and Rive Gauche of Paris
remain the three creative agencies for the Lego Group across Europe.
Lego claims a 97 per cent awareness rate in the developed world, but has
been faced with falling market share and greater competition from rival
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - digitally focussed for Creativepool Creativepool Negotiable, Clerkenwell
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency