Fallon McElligott secures Loaded relaunch task
By EMMA HALL and ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Fallon McElligott has beaten Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters in a head-to-head pitch to become the first creative agency for Loaded.
Fallon McElligott has beaten Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters in a
head-to-head pitch to become the first creative agency for Loaded.
An advertising campaign scheduled for April will effectively relaunch
the magazine and update its image, which is still in the ’new lad’ style
it pioneered in the early 90s.
Michael Wall, a partner at Fallons, said: ’Loaded is doing well and it
is as good as it always was but it is hindered by anachronistic
perception. Our job is to get people to reappraise the brand.’
Andy McDuff, managing director of music and sport at IPC, said the
advertising would ’reaffirm the originality, sparkle and compelling
humour of the brand’.
Duckworth Finn picked up the creative business for IPC’s music titles,
NME and Melody Maker, last week. IPC announced in November that it was
looking for a creative agency to work on all three titles and invited
Fallons and Duckworth Finn to pitch against Delaney Fletcher Bozell, the
incumbent on IPC’s TV Times account.
McDuff added: ’We didn’t set out to appoint two agencies to work across
the three titles. But when we went to Fallons we were very impressed
with its understanding of Loaded. Fallons is young and dynamic and I’d
like to think its approach and background is what Loaded is about. And
Duckworth Finn really got to the heart of NME and Melody Maker.’
Wall added: ’The advertising should feel like it comes from Loaded’s
IPC is to launch at least one men’s title next year, McDuff said. The
music and sports division is looking at launching a men’s lifestyle
title, targeting FHM readers, as revealed in Campaign (20 February).
McDuff said: ’There’s a more than even chance we will bring something
out in the first six months of next year in the mainstream men’s
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'