Whitbread assigns Hoegaarden brand initiative to Mother
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Mother has taken on a third slice of Whitbread business this week by winning the brief to create a major campaign for Hoegaarden, the Belgian white beer brand.
Mother has taken on a third slice of Whitbread business this week
by winning the brief to create a major campaign for Hoegaarden, the
Belgian white beer brand.
The agency already works with Whitbread on Source, the vodka drink
launched earlier this year, and on Beefeater restaurants, whose ad
campaign is now on air.
Peter Jackson, the director of marketing at Whitbread, said: ’Whitbread
has a roster of agencies but Mother is the right partner - it is great
to work closely with an agency whose dynamic creativity will add
excitement to the brand.’
Hoegaarden, which was introduced to the UK in 1990, has been handled by
Lowe Howard-Spink but has produced no advertising of note. Its most
high-profile marketing to date has been the sponsorship of the Channel 4
late-night music programme, The White Room.
Andrew Medd, a partner at Mother, said: ’This is one of the most
exciting prospects in the beer market.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Assistant Marketing Manager Major Players £30000 - £32000 per annum, Slough
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- Integrated Marketing Agency: Global Fashion Brand / £50-60k Rocket Recruitment £45,000 - 60,000 + benefits , Central London
- Interim Marketing & E-Commerce Director Stopgap £500 - £700 per day, West Midlands
- Senior Marketing Manager Haymarket Media Group Dependant on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office