Rapier wins #8m Guardian Direct task
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Rapier has scooped the #8 million below-the-line business for the home and motor insurance company, Guard-ian Direct, after a three-way pitch against Barraclough Hall Woolston Gray and one of the incumbent agencies, Lowe Direct.
Rapier has scooped the #8 million below-the-line business for the
home and motor insurance company, Guard-ian Direct, after a three-way
pitch against Barraclough Hall Woolston Gray and one of the incumbent
agencies, Lowe Direct.
Rapier will work alongside the above-the-line agency, BMP DDB, to give
the brand a new identity.
Rapier will handle both Guardian Direct and RAC Insurance Direct, which
Guardian acquired in 1996. Lowe Direct previously handled RAC Insurance,
while the Guardian Direct account was managed by Scope.
Jonathan Stead, the chief executive of Rapier, said: ’Guardian Direct is
committed to differentiating itself in what has become a commodity
market, and equally committed to building a brand through direct
marketing and customer communications. We will be working closely with
BMP to develop a new brand and creative strategy.’
Rapier begins working on the business immediately, and the first work -
which was created for the pitch - will break in January. The win comes
in the same week that Rapier won the gold award at the Direct Marketing
Association/Royal Mail awards for its work on Cable & Wireless.
Chris Chadwick, the managing director of Guardian Direct, said: ’Rapier
brings fresh thinking and an expertise in below-the-line brand
Guardian Direct is famous for its owl mascot, and its telephone number,
0800 28 28 20, around which the brand has been built. The creative
account moved to BMP in February, after Guardian Direct ended a ten-year
relationship with CDP (Campaign, 27 February).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London