Toy Options sounds Jaffe Keating alarm over redundancies
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Toy Options is reviewing its creative business out of Jaffe Keating because of what the client says have been redundancies on its account team.
Toy Options is reviewing its creative business out of Jaffe Keating
because of what the client says have been redundancies on its account
Confirmation of the switch comes amid reports that the agency, rocked by
the loss of its #4 million Waitrose business a year ago, is cutting
staff and slashing overheads to secure its future.
Jon Diver, marketing director of the branded and licensed toy
distributor, said: ’The agency has made no statement to us about its
position but we are reviewing because account handlers on our business
have been made redundant.’
Meanwhile, speculation is rife about the futures of Paddy Keating, the
agency’s creative chief, Ann Murray Chatterton, the joint chairman, and
Lucy Walworth, another director, who were all said to be ’pursuing their
But Mike Wisgard, chief executive of ATW, the Jaffe Keating parent
company, insisted that all the senior staff at the #20 million-billing
agency remained and that the only recent departures had been a couple of
’We’ve kept going,’ he said.
He also denied that the agency was looking for an imminent move out of
its offices in London’s Long Acre.
The reports follow a difficult period for the agency after it lost
Waitrose in December last year to Banks Hoggins O’Shea.
Jaffe Keating was born in May 1997 when ATW merged its above-the-line
agency, Little Leighton Sobczyk, with its design and through-the-line
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency; £50k + Bens Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + First Class Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Sales Manager, premium media owner Ultimate Asset £38000 - £48000 per annum + +uncapped comm, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager: Film Client £45k Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Agency Sales Ultimate Asset £60000 - £65000 per annum + +comm, London