Toy Options sounds Jaffe Keating alarm over redundancies
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Toy Options is reviewing its creative business out of Jaffe Keating because of what the client says have been redundancies on its account team.
Toy Options is reviewing its creative business out of Jaffe Keating
because of what the client says have been redundancies on its account
Confirmation of the switch comes amid reports that the agency, rocked by
the loss of its #4 million Waitrose business a year ago, is cutting
staff and slashing overheads to secure its future.
Jon Diver, marketing director of the branded and licensed toy
distributor, said: ’The agency has made no statement to us about its
position but we are reviewing because account handlers on our business
have been made redundant.’
Meanwhile, speculation is rife about the futures of Paddy Keating, the
agency’s creative chief, Ann Murray Chatterton, the joint chairman, and
Lucy Walworth, another director, who were all said to be ’pursuing their
But Mike Wisgard, chief executive of ATW, the Jaffe Keating parent
company, insisted that all the senior staff at the #20 million-billing
agency remained and that the only recent departures had been a couple of
’We’ve kept going,’ he said.
He also denied that the agency was looking for an imminent move out of
its offices in London’s Long Acre.
The reports follow a difficult period for the agency after it lost
Waitrose in December last year to Banks Hoggins O’Shea.
Jaffe Keating was born in May 1997 when ATW merged its above-the-line
agency, Little Leighton Sobczyk, with its design and through-the-line
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account