Publishers battle it out as Boots plans to revive magazine
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Boots the Chemist is set to revive its customer magazine for a third time after seeing pitches from five publishers. A decision will be made by Christmas.
Boots the Chemist is set to revive its customer magazine for a
third time after seeing pitches from five publishers. A decision will be
made by Christmas.
It is believed that Redwood Publishing and Cabal Communications are the
frontrunners, after a pitch two weeks ago also involving IPC Magazines,
Premier Magazines and one other publisher.
Boots is keen to publish a glossy magazine in the vein of Marie Claire,
emphasising a strong editorial product that also promotes Boots
The retailer stepped into customer publishing in Feb- ruary 1995 when it
contracted Redwood Publishing to produce a glossy magazine costing 95p.
However, the quarterly title was suspended in September 1995 after
selling 100,000 copies, 150,000 short of its target. The
Redwood-produced title was revived the following year but in August 1996
Boots decided once again to cease publication.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London