Ron Leagas returns to lead edge/gmc shop
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
The former agency boss, Ron Leagas, has returned to chair a new communications group being formed through a merger of the creative independent, Grounds Morris Campbell, and the design company, the Edge.
The former agency boss, Ron Leagas, has returned to chair a new
communications group being formed through a merger of the creative
independent, Grounds Morris Campbell, and the design company, the
The venture brings him back into a permanent role eight months after the
collapse of his agency, Leagas Shafron Davis.
It links him with the former Euro RSCG creative chiefs, Steve Grounds
and Rob Morris, who will be executive creative directors of the merged
operation, and Russell Jarman-Price, one of the founding partners of
Still Price Court Twivy D’Souza.
All will be equal shareholders in the company - to be called edge/gmc -
along with the Edge’s founder, John Evans, John Barradale, its client
services director, and Neil Campbell, the Grounds Morris new-business
Edge/gmc plans to offer a range of services to clients, which include
Canadian Airlines, Hyundai cars, Lee Cooper and Planters peanuts, from
the design of annual reports to TV commercials.
Jarman-Price, who will retain his role as head of development at
Winchester Film and Television, will spearhead a move into client-funded
TV programming for worldwide markets.
Leagas said: ’I see myself as the glue for all this. I’ll also be
bringing planning skills. We’re already on pitch-lists.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London