Griffin Bacal brings in Silver to oversee five creative teams
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Griffin Bacal has appointed the former Lowe Howard-Spink creative group head, John Silver, as executive creative director.
Griffin Bacal has appointed the former Lowe Howard-Spink creative
group head, John Silver, as executive creative director.
Silver, a copywriter, was a group head at Lowes for more than ten years
before leaving to go freelance. At Griffin Bacal, he will partner Kent
Shriveley, who retains the title of creative director.
Shriveley has been at Griffin Bacal for six years and is very close to
the agency’s flagship Hasbro account. He will continue to work on Hasbro
and other accounts, but will relinquish the running of the creative
department of five creative teams to Silver.
Shriveley had been caretaking the department since the departure last
year of Alan Tilby, the former vice-chairman and executive creative
director of WCRS, who was hired as executive creative director in
November 1996 to give Griffin Bacal a better creative profile.
A Campaign Face to Watch in 1990, Silver, with his then partner, Kevin
Thomas, was part of the team which worked on the flagship Heineken
account at Lowes.
Jo Hoare, Griffin Bacal’s managing director, said: ’John is one of the
most experienced people I know and a fantastic copywriter.
We’ve all agreed that we need someone who can add an extra dimension to
the creative output from the agency, while not detracting from Kent’s
’Kent wants to get on and produce work and I want John to create and
mould a great creative department.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PR Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 per annum, Kings Langley
- Senior Marketing Manager - Events - Contract - Manchester Ninesharp £30 - £40 per hour, Manchester
- Digital Designer- 1 year contract Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Commercial Director - (Premium Rich Media Programmatic) Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 per annum + 150,000 OTE , London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Mondelez signs global partnership with Facebook
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas