Griffin Bacal brings in Silver to oversee five creative teams
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 December 1998 12:00AM
Griffin Bacal has appointed the former Lowe Howard-Spink creative group head, John Silver, as executive creative director.
Griffin Bacal has appointed the former Lowe Howard-Spink creative
group head, John Silver, as executive creative director.
Silver, a copywriter, was a group head at Lowes for more than ten years
before leaving to go freelance. At Griffin Bacal, he will partner Kent
Shriveley, who retains the title of creative director.
Shriveley has been at Griffin Bacal for six years and is very close to
the agency’s flagship Hasbro account. He will continue to work on Hasbro
and other accounts, but will relinquish the running of the creative
department of five creative teams to Silver.
Shriveley had been caretaking the department since the departure last
year of Alan Tilby, the former vice-chairman and executive creative
director of WCRS, who was hired as executive creative director in
November 1996 to give Griffin Bacal a better creative profile.
A Campaign Face to Watch in 1990, Silver, with his then partner, Kevin
Thomas, was part of the team which worked on the flagship Heineken
account at Lowes.
Jo Hoare, Griffin Bacal’s managing director, said: ’John is one of the
most experienced people I know and a fantastic copywriter.
We’ve all agreed that we need someone who can add an extra dimension to
the creative output from the agency, while not detracting from Kent’s
’Kent wants to get on and produce work and I want John to create and
mould a great creative department.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'