NEWS: Gerry Moira to work on Scholl again as Publicis lands task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 April 1996 12:00AM
Scholl, the footcare products manufacturer, has again linked up with Gerry Moira, Publicis’s creative director, eight months after his former agency folded.
Scholl, the footcare products manufacturer, has again linked up with
Gerry Moira, Publicis’s creative director, eight months after his former
Scholl, which is best known for its distinctively shaped sandals, this
week appointed Publicis to handle creative work on its projected pounds
3 million account.
Media buying for the renewed ad offensive, which will kick off over the
next few months, remains with BMP Solutions in Media.
For Publicis, the assignment renews its relationship with Scholl’s head
of marketing, Ian Kirsh. He joined the company earlier this year from
Whitehall Laboratories, for which Publicis already handles creative work
on the Anadin and Bisodol accounts (story, p7).
Kirsh cited Publicis’s ‘exceptional creative work’ as the reason for the
appointment. ‘We have ambitious plans for the future of the brand and it
was important we found the right agency partner,’ he said.
Publicis, which saw off challenges from Grey and Saatchi and Saatchi to
win the business, is currently examining the Scholl product portfolio to
decide which products would benefit most from advertising support.
Scholl, which has been without an agency since the demise of Woollams
Moira Gaskin O’Malley last August, has 70 retail outlets.
Scholl sandals have sometimes been promoted as fashion items. However,
Barry Cox, the managing partner of Publicis, commented: ‘We have an open
mind about whether or not the sandals should be advertised as a fashion
‘The most important thing is to bring the brand into line with the 90s
and to build on Scholl’s base in footcare expertise.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire