NEWS: 1576 targets London shops in bid to woo art directing talent
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 April 1996 12:00AM
The young Scottish shop, 1576, is targeting London agencies this week with a flyposter campaign aimed at luring a top art director to Edinburgh.
The young Scottish shop, 1576, is targeting London agencies this week
with a flyposter campaign aimed at luring a top art director to
The agency is searching for a partner for the former WCRS copywriter,
Ben Friend, who joined 1576 in February.
The recruitment poster features a model replica of the silver award D&AD
yellow pencil, although the pencil is unsharpened. The copy reads:
‘Wanted. Art director with potential.’
However, 1576 is not relying on stunts alone. It has also passed the job
specifications on to head-hunters.
This unusual recruitment technique recognises the shortage of creatives
in Scotland, according to 1576’s creative partner, Adrian Jeffery. ‘We
know all the creatives in Scotland and we wanted to bring in fresh
talent. Obviously, if we want to hire the best creative talent, we need
to produce a creative ad to attract their attention. No symbol on earth
attracts a creative’s attention more than the yellow pencil,’ he said.
The posters have gone up close to the offices of 12 unnamed London
agencies that 1576 most admires and whose creatives it wants to attract.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London