Delaney Fletcher gives Hellmann’s range youthful look
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 June 1998 12:00AM
Hellmann’s is launching a new range of pourable salad dressings with a pounds 2 million TV campaign that aims to position the brand as the only thing worth wearing - if you’re a lettuce.
Hellmann’s is launching a new range of pourable salad dressings
with a pounds 2 million TV campaign that aims to position the brand as
the only thing worth wearing - if you’re a lettuce.
Created by Delaney Fletcher Bozell, the commercial features the new
Chanel model, Erin O’Connor, trying to decide what to wear. Against a
white background, O’Connor is seen in a huge variety of different
clothes, sometimes elated and sometimes deflated by her appearance.
Finally, the scene cuts to a salad being draped in some Hellmann’s
dressing and a voiceover saying: ’The only way to dress (a salad).’ The
40-second commercial ends with O’Connor wishing that she were a lettuce
because it would make life more simple. As if granting her wish, she is
shown in the last shot swathed in a green, salad-like garment.
The creative director of Delaney Fletcher, Brian Stewart, drafted in the
fashion stylist, Judy Blame, and the hat designer, Phillip Treacy, for
the shoot to help bring a young, relaxed and contemporary feel to the
film. ’Food ads are always middle-aged, I wanted to make the product
relevant to a younger audience,’ Stewart said.
The ad breaks next Monday and will run nationally for six weeks. It was
directed by Antony Easton through Stark Films, written by Stewart, and
art directed by Alison Dominitz. A press and poster campaign will follow
in July and August.
Media was planned and bought by BMP Optimum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Sales Manager (Digital) Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Commission , London
- Creative Designer STI Group Salary will be commensurate with age and experience, Gillinghham
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager [Retail / Shopper] - Superb Agency - Central London - to £38k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £38k + great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni